News24.com | 12 policemen killed in Afghanistan assaults

Security forces inspect the area after a bomb-laden vehicle attack carried out against the Afghani security forces' convoy in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Photo by Sayed Khodaiberdi Sadat/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

Security forces scrutinize the space after a bomb-encumbered vehicle attack conducted against the Afghani security forces’ convoy in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Portray by Sayed Khodaiberdi Sadat/Anadolu Agency by capacity of Getty Photography)

As a minimal 12 Afghan policemen were killed on Sunday, at the side of seven who were ambushed by the Taliban south of the capital, officers acknowledged, as struggling with persisted within the violence-wracked nation.

The two separate assaults within the provinces of Logar and Kandahar came because the prime US navy commander in Afghanistan, Current Scott Miller, acknowledged work had begun to withdraw the closing American forces as ordered by President Joe Biden this month.

“Seven policemen were killed and three wounded when the Taliban ambushed their vehicles in Mohammad Agha district of Logar province,” Dedar Lawang, spokesman for the provincial governor, told AFP.

The policemen were section of a security power guarding copper mines in Logar, south of the capital Kabul.

READ | Taliban leader told BBC ‘now we have obtained’ after Biden announced the US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan

Police from Logar province confirmed the attack.

Afghanistan, whose financial system has been severely impacted by decades of war and endemic corruption, has reserves of copper, iron, cobalt and lithium.

In a separate attack on Sunday, a suicide bomber ran an explosives-encumbered vehicle real into a police vehicle within the southern Taliban bastion of Kandahar, killing 5 policemen.

The attack took space within the restive Maiwand district of Kandahar and lef yet some other four policemen wounded, police acknowledged.

Combating continues unabated across lots of rural provinces.

The inner ministry acknowledged earlier on Sunday that the Taliban had conducted six suicide assaults and 62 bombings over the outdated 10 days, leaving bigger than 60 civilians tiresome and 180 wounded.

Current Miller, commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, acknowledged that work had commenced at quit the closing bases to Afghan forces and withdraw the troops from the nation.

“As we retrograde to zero US forces, we are in a position to turn over the bases primarily to the ministry of defence and totally different Afghan forces,” Miller told newshounds in Kabul, with out naming the bases.

“All of our forces are now making ready to retrograde. Officially, the notification date might per chance be the main of Would possibly presumably presumably. But on the identical time, as we begin taking native actions, now we have already begun that.”

READ | Biden tells US ‘time to cessation America’s longest war’ in Afghanistan

Miller acknowledged the navy would also quit all instruments that it does must preserve attend home.

“We’re fervent to invent obvious the Afghan security forces have the bases, pieces of instruments, parts that are main for the functioning of the navy,” he acknowledged.

Earlier this month Biden announced that every closing US forces would be withdrawn by the 20th anniversary of the September 11 assaults, finally ending America’s longest war.

The drawdown delays by round 5 months an agreement with the Taliban by former US president Donald Trump to withdraw all troops.

A decade within the past, the United States had about 100,000 troops in Afghanistan. The troop figure by the cessation of Trump’s presidency had dropped to 2,500.

Read Extra

Africhoice

Read Previous

News24.com | Three UN peacekeepers wounded in Mali assault

Read Next

U.S. Pledges Medical Serve To India, Where COVID-19 Is Overwhelming Hospitals

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *