Right here is at present time’s COVID-19 update from the County Well being and Human Products and services Company with knowledge thru April 18.
- Greater than 2.39 million COVID-19 vaccine doses were delivered to the predicament, and shut to 2.32 million were logged as administered. This amount entails every County residents and folk that work in San Diego County.
- Of these vaccinated to this level, better than 821,000 County residents, or 30.6% of San Diegans 16 and older, are totally immunized.
- Total, better than 1.29 million County residents beget got at the least one shot of the 2-dose vaccine. That’s 48.1% of these eligible.
- The design is to totally vaccinate 75% of San Diego County residents 16 and older or 2,017,011 folk. To this level, 64.1% of the design population has got at the least one vaccine and 40.7% are totally vaccinated.
- Of us who got the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is for the time being on take care of in the County as a consequence of steering from the Facilities for Disease Alter and Prevention and Meals and Drug Administration, are being added to the total of totally vaccinated San Diegans.
- The distinction between doses delivered and these outdated in a vaccination represents approximately what is anticipated to be administered in the next seven days and doses peaceable to be entered in the account machine.
- Extra knowledge about vaccine distribution might possibly possibly well furthermore be came upon on the County’s vaccination dashboard. For vaccination alternatives, seek recommendation from www.vaccinationsuperstation.com.
- San Diego County’s disclose-calculated, adjusted case rate is for the time being 6.0 conditions per 100,000 residents (as of April 13).
- The County stays in the Orange Tier or Tier 3 under the disclose’s unique steering. The California Department of Public Well being only these days prompt that except there are extenuating conditions, similar to low rate of vaccine uptake, a county will only trek to a extra restrictive tier if hospitalizations are increasing significantly amongst inclined folk, especially amongst vaccinated folk, and each checking out positivity and adjusted case rates existing a touching on prolong in transmission. This is for the time being no longer the case in the predicament.
- Within the meanwhile, the checking out positivity share is 2.5%, placing the County in Tier 3 or the Orange Tier.
- The County’s nicely being equity metric, which seems at the checking out positivity for areas with the lowest wholesome conditions, is 3.0% and is furthermore in the Orange Tier or Tier 3.
- CDPH assesses counties on a weekly basis. The subsequent file is scheduled for Tuesday, April 20.
Community Surroundings Outbreaks:
- No unique group outbreaks were confirmed April 18.
- Five unique group outbreaks were confirmed April 17, one in a alternate setting, one in an emergency services setting, one in a faith-basically based mostly company setting, one in a cafe/bar setting and one in a retail setting.
- Two unique group outbreaks were confirmed April 16, one in a daycare/preschool/childcare setting and one in a faith-basically based mostly company setting.
- Within the past seven days (April 12 thru April 18), 21 group outbreaks were confirmed.
- The replacement of group outbreaks stays above the trigger of seven or extra in seven days.
- A bunch setting outbreak is defined as three or extra COVID-19 conditions in a setting and in folk of assorted households over the past 14 days.
- 6,982 checks were reported to the County on April 18, and the share of unique obvious conditions modified into 2%.
- The 14-day rolling average share of obvious conditions is 1.8%. Aim is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, day-to-day average of checks is 12,877.
Cases, Hospitalizations and ICU Admissions:
- 152 COVID-19 conditions were reported to the County on April 18. The predicament’s total is now 275,112.
- 15,144 or 5.5% of all conditions beget required hospitalization.
- 1,676 or 0.6% of all conditions and 11.1% of hospitalized conditions had to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- No unique COVID-19 deaths were reported April 18. The predicament’s total is 3,674.
- No further deaths were reported on April 17.
- Twelve further deaths were reported on April 16.
- Seven of these deaths took place in December and five in April. The deaths from December were honest added to the list after a rigorous evaluate of death certificates that were unsuitable or incomplete and required the evaluation of the sufferers’ clinical records to search out out if they were COVID-19 deaths.
- Five females and seven males died between Dec. 10, 2020 and April 14, 2021.
- Of the folk whose deaths were reported on Saturday, four were 80 years of age or older, four were in their 70s, two were in their 60s and two were in their 50s.
- Eleven had underlying clinical conditions and one did no longer.
The extra detailed knowledge summaries came upon on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com web predicament are updated spherical 5 p.m. day-to-day.
Katie Cadiao is a communications specialist with the County of San Diego Communications Establish of living of enterprise. Contact